An eligibility list may be established.
If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application
The Resource Clerk provides technical and administrative support for resource authorizations and other regional operations programs.
Known as the “Galapagos of British Columbia”, Haida Gwaii is filled with a variety of wildlife, as well as a variety of activities. The Village of Queen Charlotte continues to be the main administrative centre for the islands, perfect for boating, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and exploring.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Risha.Rushton@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Experience in keyboarding, word processing, creating spreadsheets and/or working with standard computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with business writing, editing and formatting.
- Experience identifying problems and developing options for resolution using policies and guidelines.
- Experience with records management.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable.
- Experience with clerical or administrative support working in an office setting.
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Tenures administration experience.
- Three or more years of experience with clerical or administrative support working in an office setting.
- Relationship building experience with the Haida Nation.
- Experience supporting First Nations consultation.
- Experience working with Haida Gwaii specific natural resource policy and legislation (e.x. Strategic Land Use Agreement, Land Use Objectives Order, Kunst’aa Guu – Kunst’aayah Reconciliation Protocol).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.