Sr. Administrative Assistant
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position
The Provincial Operations team in MCFD’s Service Delivery Division is responsible for supporting service delivery operations and overseeing the provincial implementation of strategic initiatives across the province. Our multi-site and mobile team, brings together a combination of service delivery experts and technical expertise to lead provincial cross-divisional and cross-ministry work.
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides support to the Executive Director, the management team, as well as providing support to the branch, which is staffed by several professional, technical and excluded staff. The successful candidate will be an experienced administrative professional, able to identify, develop and implement administrative systems to support branch operations.
If you are an energetic team player who works well in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, we look forward to receiving your resume. Our team is looking for a highly effective communicator (written/oral) who can deal with confidential and sensitive issues in a calm and productive manner, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a busy office with constantly changing priorities. We offer a meaningful work environment committed to serving BC’s children and families and provide opportunities for professional development and ongoing skill building in this senior administrative role.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jennifer.Dreyer@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Two (2) years or more of secretarial and/or administrative experience.
- Two (2) years or more of experience providing administrative support services for a group of staff with varying demands and expectations.
- Experience managing diverse workloads effectively and independently.
- Experience preparing, formatting, editing and proof-reading high level and confidential correspondence, records, and information.
- Experience providing support to senior management.
- Experience with administrative finance such as financial coding, credit card processing, vendor transactions, or processing invoices.
- Experience with highly confidential and sensitive issues.
- Successful completion of a secretarial and/or administrative certificate program
- Records management experience, preferably with ARCS/ORCS.
- Experience with e-Approvals, CLIFF and Government Systems.
- Preference may be given to applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.