Wholesale Pricing Analyst
This is a temporary opportunity until January 31st, 2020.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary opportunities.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.1 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.5 billion in fiscal 2017/18. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In Fall 2018, the LDB began moving into a new Liquor Distribution Centre in Delta, BC to improve customer service levels, expand partnerships with suppliers, manufacturers and customers through out the province and improve our results through productivity gains and efficiencies through out the supply chain.
Reporting to the Manager, Wholesale Pricing, the Wholesale Pricing Analyst provides costing and pricing on all listed, non-listed (Special Orders) and non-liquor wholesale products sold in the Province of BC, including the monthly Price Change, invoicing, application and interpretation of federal/provincial laws and regulations and complex costing formulae.
With a renewed leadership effort to improve business operations and increase profitability the Wholesale team drives the following two goals:
Relationships: Setting high standards of performance by partnering with internal and external stakeholders ensuring that all Pricing rules and regulations are adhered to at all times. Having a genuine intent to foster the long-term relationships with vendors by providing them with the expertise and knowledge of the Wholesale Pricing Guide and the use of the Wholesale Pricing Calculator.
Service Orientation: Implementing a partnership approach to all interactions, both internal and external. Understanding and servicing needs of a client/customer focusing on participating, meeting and exceeding their needs.
Results Orientation: Strong business acumen. Understanding and then taking action to achieve and/or exceed goals of high standards and government revenue.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Doni Juayang, Manager, Wholesale Pricing by phone at 604 252-8787. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of two years recent, related work experience in product costing, pricing or cost accounting
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to those candidates with product costing experience with a large retail/wholesale organization.
- Preference may be given to those candidates with accounting/finance/ supply chain related certification, diploma or degree.
** Recent, related, work experience must include experience:
- Gathering, execution and maintenance of complex data in a large organization
- Inputting into a database system
- Collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel Skills
- Provincial liquor-related legislation, including the: Liquor Control and Licensing Act, and the Liquor Distribution Act and Regulations
- Product costing, pricing or cost accounting.
- General accounting principles (e.g. reconciliations, journal vouchers, general ledger).
- The retail, wholesale supply chain
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated accuracy in working with numbers and processing of transactions
- Well-developed written and oral communication, presentation/ facilitation and inter-personal skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Methodical, accurate, attention to detail
- Understanding of and capability to interact with IT for system updates and changes in process
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience
- Ability to create, access, analyse and manipulate large databases using a variety of software programs
- Excellent analytical, judgement and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and produce results under tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain positive and effective working relationships with key stakeholders