An eligibility list may be established for similar positions in the Cariboo-Chilcotin Business Area.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
An excellent opportunity to provide high level administrative support
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The bid prices received from auctioned timber support the Market Pricing System (MPS) in setting stumpage rates for coastal and interior operating areas of the province. The costs incurred by BCTS also provide data for the Tenure Obligation Adjustments, contributing to another integral part of the MPS.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the MPS through auctions of public timber. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal.
- Sell the full BCTS allowable apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices and sustainable forest management.
- Generate net direct revenue and indirect provincial government revenue over the business cycle.
- Pursue continuous business improvement within BCTS, across government, and with third party partners and customers.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Business Administrator provides specialized technical and administrative services for the Business Area (BA) in support of a competitive auction process for marketing crown timber. The Business Administrator prepares a wide variety of contracts and tenures, provides financial administration and maintains a variety of systems and services integral to meeting BA operational goals and objectives. This position is expected to work independently within the responsibilities of the position with a clear understanding and comprehension of the legislation, policy and procedures in identifying risk and making recommendations.
Williams Lake has a rich history regarding the Cariboo gold rush, and is located in a valley in the Interior Plateau of Central BC. Whitewater rafting and single track mountain biking are unique activities available in Williams Lake. The Williams Lake Stampede is one of the biggest rodeos in Western Canada, and pays tribute to its ranching history.
In addition to this exciting opportunity and amazing locations, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2016. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Bonnie.Beaman@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation.
- A minimum of four years (gained within the last ten years) of related administrative experience including experience or training in keyboarding, database management, spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications with strong demonstrated skills. A combination of related experience, education and/or training may be considered (i.e. business or public administration, finance, legal secretarial).
- A minimum of two years of experience in contract administration, policies, standards and procedures. Contract administration is defined as providing advice and guidance, preparing and administering contract records including reviewing documentation and transactions to ensure all requirements are met. ·
- A minimum of one year of financial management experience. Financial management is defined as working with computer assisted accounting and reporting systems including; accounts payable, receivables and the general ledger. Including experience coding, processing, storing, tracking and retrieving records and information in an electronic environment.
- Experience assessing risk and making recommendations within a highly regulatory, legal or policy and procedure enforced environment.
- Experience computing a variety of mathematical calculations and using applications to enter and retrieve data, performing accounting functions and producing financial reports.
- Experience working in a high production environment, in meeting deadlines while providing quality services to clients.
- Experience identifying problems and developing options for resolution within policies and guidelines.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “Skip Step” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Close Date 5/3/2018