An eligibility list may be established for similar vacancies within the BC Timber Sales Kamloops Business Area.
Contribute your flair for organization and prioritization
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. BCTS operates in 33 communities and directly supports over 8,000 jobs across B.C.
Data from our operations are used to help determine the market value of the timber harvested from public land and ensures British Columbians receive fair value from their timber resources.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal:
- Objective 1: Sell the full BCTS apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices, sustainable forest management, and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Objective 2: Generate direct net revenue and indirect revenue for the Province over the business cycle.
- Objective 3: Continuous business improvement – within BCTS, across government and with third parties.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Business Administrator provides specialized technical and administrative services for the Business Area (BA) in support of a competitive auction process for marketing crown timber. The Business Administrator prepares a wide variety of contracts and tenures, provides financial administration and maintains a variety of systems and services integral to meeting BA operational goals and objectives.
Kamloops is surrounded by over one hundred lakes as well as the North and South Thompson rivers. Water-based activities are very popular, such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, tubing, skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-fishing. Kamloops has a very strong First Nations culture, and hosts a Pow-Wow every year.
In addition to this exciting opportunity and amazing locations, the BC Public Service is an award-winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2016. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, requirements and qualifications, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Shauna.Weir@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirements as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation.
- A minimum of four years (gained within the last ten years) of related administrative experience including experience or training in keyboarding, database management, spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications with strong demonstrated skills. A combination of related experience, education and/or training may be considered (i.e. business or public administration, finance, legal secretarial).
- A minimum of two years or experience in contract administration, policies, standards and procedures. Contract administration is defined as providing advice and guidance, preparing and administering contract records including reviewing documentation and transactions to ensure all requirements are met.
- A minimum of one year of financial management experience. Financial management is defined as working with computer assisted accounting and reporting systems including; accounts payable, receivable and the general ledger. Including experience coding, processing, storing, tracking and retrieving records and information in an electronic environment.
- Experience assessing risk and making recommendations within a highly regulatory, legal or policy and procedure enforced environment.
- Experience computing a variety of mathematical calculations and using applications to enter and retrieve data, performing accounting functions and producing financial reports.
- Experience working in a high production environment, in meeting deadlines while providing quality services to clients.
- Experience identifying problems and developing options for resolution within policies and guidelines.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “SKIP” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.