Team Lead, Customer Care Centre, Cannabis Operations
Regular Full Time, Richmond
There are three vacancies
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Team Leader is responsible for assisting in the leadership of the multi-shift Customer Care Centre (CCC) by providing and supporting exceptional customer service, fostering an environment of high employee engagement and morale and creating operational efficiencies with a focus on minimizing costs and maximizing revenue. The Team Leader may assume the role of Manager, Customer Care Centre in the event of an absence, as required.
The Team Leader manages the Customer Service Agents, monitors and oversees the daily operations, tasks and responsibilities as well as handles escalated customer complaints.
The Leads are passionate, professional and technology savvy team members who have the ability to create the finest experiences for our internal and external customers.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal by phone at 604 252-3474. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
The person in this role must demonstrate a passion for transferring the knowledge of, cannabis products. This role requires an individual who has excellent communication skills, is energetic, has a willingness to learn, train others and achieve results which includes the following skills and abilities:
A standard test and interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years recent*, related experience as a Team Lead / Supervisor in a customer service operation.
- Completion of a diploma or certificate in a relevant field.
- Basic cannabis knowledge.
- Preference may be given to those candidates with experience in a call centre environment.
- May be required to work a variety of shift patterns; Available to work a rotating roster, including evenings and weekends.
* Recent is defined as occurring within the last five years. A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of a computerized retail system. This includes Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
- A high level of proficiency in training.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Microsoft Excel (utilization of formatting and formula functions, skills pertaining to linking documents and sheets and provide recommendations to automate manual processes).
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated strong skills in time management, organization and communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally in a team environment.
- Proven ability demonstrating strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently, work under pressure to meet deadlines, an aptitude for multitasking and strong follow up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret policies/practices.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve day to day client concerns while meeting or exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, develop and manage a diverse work group of staff.