Senior Administrative Assistant
Clerk Stenographer R11
- An eligibility list may be established for future permanent or temporary positions.
- Temporary/ Auxiliary position until November 9, 2020.
- Position may be extended or become permanent
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Environmental Protection Division works to protect the human and environmental health of the province. The division: develops and coordinates provincial action to prevent, reduce and remove contaminating toxins and waste; develops and enforces science-based policies, laws and environmental agreements for industrial and community developments; and works closely with local communities, industry, environmental stakeholders and Indigenous Peoples to develop and enhance environmental stewardship activities throughout the Province.
Plans, develops and coordinates all administrative services for the Executive Director and ensures administrative support and coordination for the branch. Establishes and maintains effective liaison with ministry executive, division executive, branch management, stakeholders and partner service delivery agencies across the province. Delivers on branch corporate projects such as training events and branch-wide meetings.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Teleza.Fawdrey@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:xperience, Education and Training:
- Combination of three years senior administrative support and coordination experience, education and training.
- Experience in advanced scheduling, emailing, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, data entry and other computer applications (preferably MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook).
- Experience handling and securing confidential and sensitive materials.
- Experience coordinating complex meeting and travel arrangements often on short notice.
- Experience managing sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and sound judgment by telephone and in person.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Administrative diploma.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Experience working in an executive office.
- Experience using and maintaining information in the CLIFF correspondence tracking system.
- Experience with eApprovals document approval system.
- Records management experience with ARCS/ORCS.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Application requirement options and the corresponding screening process). Please highlight your preference
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.