CMB Global Standards Manager : 00008RBH
Employment Type: Fixed Term
To collect all required client information that will ensure the efficient decisioning and execution of the decisions around client exits.
Part of HSBC’s response to resolve the issues that are now in the public domain is the Global Standards programme. The success of this programme of change is critical to HSBC relationships with regulators globally and therefore is one of the highest profile programmes with sponsorship up to HSBC Group Board Level.
In order to support this, there has to be a consistent approach to client selection globally, from both a commercial and financial crime risk view, to ensure we only on-board or remediate client entities that meet agreed risk and reward criteria. This will be delivered through the Client Selection workstream.
One of the key requirements of the Client Selection workstream is to deliver a global client exit policy and process which can be implemented in a sustainable and consistent global manner across all of HSBC. This process enables timely and auditable decisioning that can effectively and efficiently manage global risk and commercial exits and needs clear governance including ownership of decisioning and controlled appeals, monitoring and escalation.
Governance Structure and the Client Selection Secretariats
An integral part of the Client Selection framework is appropriate governance at country, regional, global and group level, delivered through Client Selection Committees which will ensure decisions are taken around exiting client relationships, in addition to criteria based decision making.
The Client Selection Secretariats (regional and in country) will coordinate this process and are responsible for receiving exit requests from across Commercial Banking (triggered by Risks, Commercial and Strategic filters as well as Dormancy and Client driven exits), creating exit cases, compiling the relevant information provided by business lines and functions and delivering to the relevant forum for decisioning. Where an exit or restriction are agreed the CSS will coordinate the internal communication and monitoring of the various business lines and functions who are responsible for closing/ restricting the relationship.
In Country CS Secretariat Case Analyst role
The Case Analyst(s) in Country CS Secretariat will be responsible for obtaining all required client information and populating BTC form. They will coordinate with other stakeholder (including RM, Compliance, Product/ System Owners) to ensure complete view on the client is provided. They will be responsible for ensuring appropriate and adequate information is gathered for submission to In Country CS Committee.
- Receiving, logging and tracking incoming triggered cases
- Managing exit cases, inputting findings into the Case Management tool and BTC form
- Conducting the product searches and reaching out to product areas to determine the extent of the customer’s relationship with the bank
- Identifying the complexities and constraints to exiting customers at a product level (that will include identifying if the customer is a Potential Vulnerable Customer)
- Looking for cross Business and cross border indicators including working with Compliance and RM to conduct customer searches
- Taking criteria based decisions and log them (BB non RM)
- Ensuring adequate input from all stakeholders is obtained for each case and collate responses to build comprehensive case for decision
- Ensuring cases flow through the exit management process in line with SLAs and timelines outlined in the Compliance FIM
- Managing and aligning inputs such as stakeholder opinions across multiple businesses and functions supported by a governance framework to support client decisions
- Performing quality assurance checks on cases prior to submission to CSC for decisoning
- Overseeing execution stage to ensure all exit or restrict activity is carried out as per CSC instruction:
- Exit: coordinate with appropriate RMs, product areas to ensure timely exit or manage run off
- Retain: track and enforce any additional controls/ restrictions as required
- Need to be aware of and comply with any data restrictions
- Coordinating across a high profile sub team efficiently and effectively against a background of major change and regulatory scrutiny
- Supporting the Country CS Secretariat Team Lead with any ad hoc initiative.
- Reports to In Country CS Secretariat Team Lead
- Ability to execute role with a level of autonomy while being mindful of when to seek guidance and approval
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including the Group Compliance policy.
- At least 3-5 years of highly developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts.
- Leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams
- Ability to lead, motivate other senior stakeholders, managers across a wide range of stragegic iniatives and agendas
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage both own & team time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise and work independently under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to filter and prioritise multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A detailed knowledge of available software tool set (e.g., SAS, SQL, COGNOS, etc.), data management best practices and internal Bank systems.
- Demonstrated technical skills
- Proven ability to manage and control a large number of projects simultaneously
- Extensive experience in the application of best practices in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Governance and Information Security
- Extensive experience working with structured data and relational database tools, theories and techniques
- University degree/College Diploma in business/finance preferred
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst adhering to timelines and quality of output.
- Thought Leadership & ability to drive/influence business objectives and team strategy
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.
- Good understanding of the Group and the CMB business, including products, services, systems & processes preferably gained through experience in front line roles
- Business experience in a variety of roles (Corporate / Commercial Banking) centered on delivery of high quality customer service.
- Experience of managing and delivering cross-functional programmes
- Directly relevant analytical experience within financial services or an alternative data driven organization
- Experience of senior management responsibility for a team, including the management of team leaders
- Preferably some experience of leading and directing cultural change within a large organisation
- Strong working understanding of database theory, applied statistics
- Understanding of the principles of data management and information security
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive results
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 08-Feb-2017, 22:55:14 Unposting Date : 21-Feb-2017, 02:59:00