CIMtech is seeking experienced and motivated CNC Programmer to join our team. We offer a positive working environment with above average competitive salary, based on experience, along with health benefits and other perks.
Candidate must have valid work VISA, PR holder or Canadian Citizen.
Core skills / Qualifications:
• Independently program and set up 3-axis VMC’s.
• 2+ Years minimum experience in related field.
• Ability to work with tight tolerances.
• Team orientated work ethics.
• BCIT Grad will be preferred
• Effective English language skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Ability to make one-off prototypes independently
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to measure parts using suitable measuring instruments to a high degree of accuracy.
• Knowledge and/or experience of adjusting offsets to produce parts to drawing sizes and tolerances.
• CNC Certificates or Formal CNC Training an asset but not required.
• Reasonable degree of numeracy and literacy – minimum grade 10 high school.
• Team player, good ability to get along well with co-workers.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Analyzes SolidWorks models, drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine an efficient machining strategy plan.
• Determines part origin point(s) and selection of appropriate machine cutting paths, cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates
• Provide crucial input on CNC programming, tool path, and tool/cutter selection; ensure that all material will removed and that no gouging of part will occur.
• Revises program and technical drawings to eliminate instruction errors or omissions, and to improve program by adjusting machining parameters to achieve optimal efficiency.
• Manage material inventory to coincide with CNC production cue
• Troubleshoot CNC-related problems
• Read and interpret technical drawings (CAD)
• Inspect and verify conformance to work order specifications
• Assist with other manufacturing fabrication as assigned
• Housekeeping of work area: keep work station clean and clear of non-essential item
• Review and ensure that all equipment and tools are maintained per procedures
• Use log in and log out function of ERP system
• Minimum 3 years of experience operating CNC machines.
• Previous SolidWorks software experience
• CNC programming experience
• Computer literacy, basic Windows navigation required
• High organizational skills
• Mastery of setting up fixtures, tooling, vices, and clamps
• Operates machines running complex and high tolerance components
• Ability to work with a team and independently
• Passionate about prototyping and machining
• Strong work ethic and highly motivated
• Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
• Able to work in a fast-paced constantly-changing environment with tight deadlines
• Flexibility to work extra hours to meet production deadlines as required
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• 5S experience an asset
Our team consist of long term professionals and the successful applicant will be assured of steady employment.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Extended Health and Dental and Life Insurance benefits will start after 3 months’ probation period.
How to Apply:
By Mail / Drop off
8 – 17942, 55 Ave
Surrey, BC V3S 6C8