At Laurier, we are a community. It’s what brings our students here and what keeps our people here.
As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our employee community.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Co-ordinator: Administration and Special Projects.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice-President: Campus Operations and Risk Management (AVP), the Co-ordinator: Administration & Special Projects’ primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the AVP. S/he coordinates and prioritizes daily assignments and is responsible for projects and functions on a regular and ongoing basis. The incumbent has contact with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, government officials, university solicitors, real estate agents, external to the university, and other external community members.
S/he will provide a supporting role to Human Resources in facilitating services and developing initiatives to deliver client focused HR programs. In addition, s/he will support the recruitment and onboarding process.
S/he works with sensitive and confidential information such as budget information, contracts, agreements, real estate and human resources information, and displays high standards of diplomacy and professionalism, and functions with a considerable degree of independence.
This position has a university-wide mandate and is based at the Brantford Campus. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to all campuses, requiring regular interpersonal interactions and collaboration with departments at the Waterloo Campus, Brantford Campus, Kitchener location, Toronto office and any external partners. Special attention is given to ensure equitable service delivery across all locations.
Accountabilities : Provide administrative support to the AVP in the following areas:Accountabilities : Provide administrative support to the AVP in the following areas:
o Co-ordinate appointments and organize appropriate space, media and refreshments as necessary;
o Coordinate and organize travel, meal, accommodation, parking and conference arrangements; Prepare travel, credit card and invoice expense forms, and retain copies of submissions.
o Provide support for various committees/high level meetings, including organizing, scheduling, preparing and reviewing documentation, sending notifications, and taking and preparing meeting Minutes;
o Distribute Campus Administration correspondence on behalf of the AVP, and when requested on behalf of other direct/indirect reports or senior leaders;
o Prioritize and provide support to the Campus Operations and Risk Management direct/indirect reports;
o Act as a main point of contact and liaison person for the department, communicating with internal and external stakeholders and advising and updating the AVP on pertinent information using good judgment and maintaining confidentiality. This would include all phone in, walk in and electronic and mail communication; assessing information, responding appropriately and redirecting as required;
o Train, oversee and supervise student employees;
o Routinely edit and update the content of the AVP Office of Campus Administration and Risk Management website ;
o Provide administrative support for claim submission back up for Manager, Insurance during periods of absence.
Human Resources Support:
• Provides support to the Manager, Human Resources in the recruitment and selection process including answering basic questions, , drafting offer letters,;
• Supports new hires through the onboarding process as required including setting up new hires in Silkroad onboarding system, , answering managers questions about the onboarding process, and providing additional support to ensure a successful integration into the Laurier Brantford campus;
• Co-ordinates logistical elements of the Brantford Managers Group and HR workshops/committees (i.e. lunch and learns) including meeting scheduling, facilitator co-ordination/instructions and maintaining website;
• Provides support with the planning, execution and monitoring of project related activities including co-ordinate and providing administrative support for all key project deadlines; manage work and information flow between project participants and documents; create and maintain project schedules; support the closing process for projects (implementation and evaluation);
• Provides administrative support in completing action notices for Payroll and answering general enquiries.
o Assists with managing department budgets and provides budget support;
o Co-ordinates and supports creation of draft confidential and non-confidential documents such as letters, presentation reports, budget scenarios, policies, business cases, templates, finance reports, business continuity plans, contracts, and partnership agreements;
o Participates in regular departmental management and strategic planning meetings;
o Assists with special events and information sessions such as Campus Connections Day, Employee Wellness etc;
o Maintains the Campus Administration and Risk Management project plans, strategic plans, and task lists;
o Organizes and maintains electronic and paper documents including reference files, contract files, and confidential files;
o Utilizes various computer software, including PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, Word, BANNER, Millennium and LORIS;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum College Diploma in Office Administration or related field, coupled with at least three (3) years related experience working in a confidential environment;
• Experience in a university environment preferred;
• Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills;
• Must be able to work independently using good judgment;
• Proven ability to analyze and accurately solve problems in a professional and confidential manner;
• Handle multiple tasks and determine priorities in a very busy and fast growing campus
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong customer relation, and oral and written communication skills
• Displays a high level of professionalism in all interactions and forms of communication
• Strong technological skills including design, office productivity, database, and desktop publishing software
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of various computer programs such as MS Office, MS Project, Banner database system and office productivity software, Millennium
• Supervisory skills, an asset
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to learn and take training for additional required skills
Grade : E
X-EGrade : EX-E
Salary : $49 270 – $61 586
Please Note : Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Diversity and Equity Office at email@example.com. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.