Collections Strategy Manager : 00008KQ5
Employment Type: Regular
Formulate the business problem and translate this into an actionable strategic or analytic plan incorporating full benefits including LIC impacts and resource impacts where applicable
Ensure that collections and recoveries strategy and any changes made follow FIM, Treating Customer Fairly and regulatory guidance.
Co-ordination of operational, analytical and deployment staff to ensure strategy change and support is undertaken.
Pro-active identification of strategy improvement opportunities through working knowledge of existing strategy.
Specify the analyses and modelling activities required and supervision of them being performed by subordinate project resources.
Manage a wider range of analytical projects from inception to delivery supervising subordinate involving onshore and offshore resources.
Day to day co-ordination of projects and other staff working on the various project streams.
Experience of having managed strategy or devised and specified analysis to be performed by others or using subordinate resources through to successful completion, on budget, on time and with clear financial benefits.
Support countries on collections strategies and sharing of best practice.
To supervise the conduct research and development of new data sources, collections approach and analytic techniques.
Impact on the Business
- Accountable for changes to strategy within Collections and Recoveries to assist RBWM to achieve improvement in loan impairment charge and operational efficiency (cost).
- Responsible for the improvement in the accuracy and quality of scorecard segmentation and strategy assignment
- Responsible for support provision to business areas where queries arise regarding collection strategies
- Responsible for the Production and interpretation of collections and credit risk management information to aid with management of strategy and operations.
- The jobholder will work to ensure , through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews that solutions devised from their projects are implemented accurately and track to ensure that the associated benefits are seen
Customers / Stakeholders
- To work with stakeholder s within CRM and operations to ensure the status quo is challenged
- Responsible for supporting stakeholders in their AOP targets
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Accountable for Leading strategy change / analytical projects
- Take lead and Work with operations staff and Business Stakeholder in risk and RBWM to ensure operational input when required.
- Day to day line co-ordination of operational, deployment and analytics staff working on collections strategy change projects.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Responsible for strategy adherence to regulation and adherence to guidelines.
- Responsible for improvement in technology tools, data and area capabilities.
- Accountable for standardizing the best practices based on FIM guidelines
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The dual objective bad debt reduction and operational efficiency requires the use of sophisticated analytical techniques, combined with operational knowledge to balance the need to optimize the level of effort required to achieve control of bad debt charge, whilst also taking into account the customer and regulatory impact whilst doing so.
- The jobholder should have a continual drive to learn new techniques and approaches to achieve their objectives.
- The jobholder will work in multi-location/ multi-cultural environment and needs to have project management skills for small analytic and strategy development projects for diversified portfolios and solutions across the collections and recoveries.
- Working with Operations staff to ensure that strategy is imbedded and applicable.
- Understanding policy and regulatory guidelines and how this effects strategy, delivering change if applicable.
- Communicating to non-technical decision makers in a clear and convincing manner.
- The Collections Strategy team will support the delivery of collections activity in the Canada for Collections and recoveries strategy, analytics, operational support Management Information and strategy deployment. To minimize bad debt charge whilst ensuring the cost effective use of Collections effort. Without a suitable collections strategy infrastructure there is potential for significant increases in bad debt and operational inefficiencies. In addition to the shareholder considerations there are many regulatory considerations that have to be considered. These include but are not limited to DPA, OSFI, FCAC and Banking standards when making change or in day to day activities.
- The development of analytical techniques for risk management purposes is complex and certain tasks are highly technical and require a deeper knowledge and understanding of statistics. In addition to this knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s data structure and environment is key. In addition to this, an understanding of the Banks’ many underlying systems is required, combined with a high level of risk expertise is of utmost importance. Also, constant evolution of analytical techniques, technology advances and industry standards is necessary to keep pace with the dynamic changes in the market. As understanding of these areas is relatively low within the organization it is necessary to lead much of the debate on the business, the development and implementation of these solutions. Furthermore, technologies are constantly evolving and it is a challenge to stay at the forefront of industry development.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Has an excellent knowledge of the credit life cycle, collections practice and understands the market positioning of HSBC products.
- Has knowledge of analytical and mathematical techniques gained through professional experience
- Understands the function of in-house HSBC systems and processes or alternatively knowledge of similar systems within a similar organization.
- Has a working knowledge of analytical and mathematical techniques gained through professional experience
- Detailed knowledge of targets, key metrics and drivers/levers for the portfolios against which their work is undertaken.
- Experience of having devised and specified analysis to be performed by others.
- Experience of having managed analytic or modelling projects by working/ guiding analysts to successful completion, on budget, on time and with financial benefits.
- Has experience of application of analytical techniques gained through professional experience
- Relevant experience of working in an analytical or strategy role within financial services or an alternative data-driven organization.
- Formulate the business problem and translate this into an actionable analytic plan.
- Highly developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language and financial impacts.
- Ability to use data to challenge current work practices
- Preferably educated to Bachelor’s degree level or similar in a numerate discipline.
- Ability to present complex statistical concepts and results in a way tailored to the audience in a persuasive and compelling way.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to deal with multiple stake holder at any one time.
- The individual should be self-motivated, customer focused with an ability to solve complex problems with an eye for detail and accuracy, whilst still ensuring that the bigger picture is taken into consideration.
Job Field : Debt / Fixed Income
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 05-Jan-2017, 22:02:58 Unposting Date : 17-Jan-2017, 23:59:00