Communications Officer R14
* One position available which may be located in any of these communities: Vancouver, Victoria, Prince George, Nelson, Kamloops or Nanaimo.
* An eligibility list may be established.
* This position is excluded from the union.
A unique and challenging opportunity to apply your skills and passion for organizational communications and engagement
The BC Public Service Agency (PSA) provides leadership and services in people management. The Agency supports its clients in achieving their human resource goals and improves the overall effectiveness of the public service by providing human resource management policies and frameworks, as well as a variety of human resource services, products and programs.
The Content Writer works as a valued member of the team that leads the creation, delivery and governance of content delivered through the MyHR website, Customer Relationship Management system and related platforms. The Content Writer is responsible for creating and delivering consistent, user-friendly content to a wide range of audiences. The Content Writer also loads content and publishes all updates to the MyHR website. This information may be designed to enhance the quality and availability of self-service information for members of the BC Public Service and prospective employees or may be developed to help the BC Public Service Agency deliver reliable, responsive services directly to customers.
If you are a communications professional with the collaborative skills and the initiative required to succeed in this busy, high profile environment, we look forward to hearing from you!
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Andrea.Lockie@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of formal course work in communications, journalism, professional writing or a related field, plus two (2) years of related experience; or secondary school graduation, plus two (2) to four (4) years of related experience.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading content for the web, including use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation, taxonomy and metadata.
- Experience and training in content organization and development.
- Experience using a Content Management System to maintain websites.
- Experience in quality assurance practices and procedures.
- Preferred experience working in the field of communications for a large organization.
- Preferred experience in a Human Resources environment providing research and analysis, operational support and expertise.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.