Communications Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application
Client Relations (CR) is part of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), Executive Operations, which supports the Deputy Minister’s Office (DMO). CR provides a broad range of communications services to the Minister, the Deputy Minister (DM), Ministry Executive, and the ministry in general.
The Client Relations Supervisor, reporting to the Client Relations Manager, is accountable for a broad range of communications services focused on the provision of information to internal clients and external customers and stakeholders. The position plays a pivotal role in the overall function of the CRB in the coordination of corporate communications services in support of the Office of the Deputy Minister and Executive Committee so as to maintain effective, timely and consist communications materials.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Rhea.Kuharic@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Diploma in a related field and 2 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience drafting executive level written correspondence responses to letters sent to the executive leadership.
- Advising executive offices (i.e. DM’s Office/Minister’s Office/CEO).
- Experience editing, formatting and proof reading draft responses.
- Expert knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, primarily using Word and Excel
- Supervision and/or leading/motivating staff
- Experience working in a service-oriented environment focused on the provision of information.
OPTIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience understanding, interpreting and applying FOIPPA in response request for dissemination of information.
- Preference may be given to applicants demonstrating experience with the government’s child welfare system.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience drafting Minister/Deputy Minister correspondence responses.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience using CLIFF Correspondence Tracking System and eApprovals SharePoint site.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.