***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions.***
Communications Officer R18
An eligibility list may be created for both permanent and temporary opportunities
Currently, there is one permanent vacancy as well as one temporary opportunity available until Sept. 30, 2020.
British Columbia is the kingdom of abundance. Where glaciated mountains stand over an unruly Pacific. Rainforests wrap cities. Nature shapes culture. The wild breathing life back into the wild within.
Through inspirational storytelling and an industry-leading digital marketing strategy, Destination British Columbia engages global explorers, connecting them to a place still wild.
At Destination British Columbia we are a team of collaborative, insight-driven, results-focused and courageous marketers. We are recognized globally for our strong, authentic brand, award-winning creative and leading-edge strategy. We work hard, support each other unreservedly, and consider it a privilege to educate travellers about the spectacular province we call home.
Destination BC is an inclusive workplace founded on the highest degree of collaboration and innovation. Destination BC believes that diversity is strength and welcomes applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are an applicant with a disability, we are committed to ensuring workplace accommodations are in place to enable you to do your best work.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As Destination BC’s Marketing Coordinator, organizing, coordinating and collaborating are second nature to you, and your experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams towards a common goal has given you strong relationship-building skills. Your understanding of digital marketing channels and tactics means you are comfortable providing direction and feedback to others on how to tailor content to best reach and motivate potential visitors as part of an integrated content marketing campaign. You pride yourself on your ability to prioritize and deliver upon tasks in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple deadlines.
Supporting our Marketing Specialists, you help ensure that our global consumer marketing programs are executed on time, on budget, on brand, and on strategy. Success in this role requires strong organization, attention to detail, communication as well as collaboration with Destination BC’s internal teams, agency partners, designers, and a variety of external contractors.
- Coordinates the production, delivery and distribution of high quality, on brandonline and offline content for marketing campaigns. This includes messaging and imagery selection for a variety of tactics such as online advertising, video, web properties, native content, social media, etc.
- Carries out the planning, implementation, and delivery of assigned portions of a project as a formal project team member; supports the Marketing Specialists in development of formal project documentation (e.g. project charter, project plan, status reports, timelines/Gantt charts, budget trackers, etc.);
- Works closely with Destination BC’s internal Global Content team and Global Marketing Channels Marketing Specialists to optimize content, channels and target audiences based on performance reporting.
- Liaises with advertising agencies and contractors to ensure Destination BC receives cost-effective, high quality on brand work, while maintaining strong working relationships.
- Understands how to translate knowledge of a campaign strategy into media tactic choices and how to critically evaluate creative assets to ensure all creativity is strongly aligned with the strategy, KPIs and the user journey. This includes being able to provide thoughtful feedback to those responsible for design and copywriting.
- Ensures Destination BC brand strategies and standards are effectively and consistently adhered to in all marketing programs.
- Manages project execution timelines to ensure all deliverables and content assets are being supplied to agencies and relevant vendors on time.
- Collaborates with key internal and external partners and stakeholders (e.g., regional destination marketing organizations (RDMOs), city DMOs, sector groups, etc.) as required for each program to provide updates, gather input, and execute marketing programs;
- Assists in the coordination of financial processes, including reviewing project estimates and invoices to ensure compliance with Financial Policies and the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Post-secondary education in marketing communications, marketing, advertising, business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Coordinator role in marketing, advertising, communications, or production-related field. Digital experience will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management. Formal training/education in project management methods and tools is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in managing external contractors. Experience with digital and/or creative agencies will be considered an asset.
- 1 to 3 years’ internal and external stakeholder relations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Results Orientation is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement). Thus, a unique accomplishment also indicates a Results Orientation.
Teamwork and Cooperation is the ability to work collaboratively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve groups and organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Planning, Organizing and Coordinating involves proactively planning, establishing priorities and allocating resources. It is expressed by developing and implementing increasingly complex plans and ensuring project deliverables are complete and accurate using strong attention to detail.. It also involves monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals and deliver to the organization’s mandate.
Problem Solving/Judgement is the ability to independently and proactively analyze problems systematically, organize information, identify key factors, identify underlying causes, and generate solutions.
Flexibility is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as situations change and accepting changes within one’s own job or organization.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.