The Indigenous Diabetes Health Circle is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Communications Manager in Thorold, ON.
The primary responsibility of the Communication’s Manager is to work collaboratively with the IDHC team to implement a communications strategy that support the IDHC’s vision and mission. The positions will require strong organizational and communication skills, knowledge of print media, social media, and web-based media and the ability to think strategically about how to use media and outreach to support the organization in all diabetes treatment and prevention activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the development of the IDHC’s communications strategy and implement the strategy to strengthen community awareness of IDHC’s programs and services as well as the sharing of relevant and timely health information to the individuals and communities serviced in IDHC’s catchment area on a regular basis.
- Responsible for some IT support to staff, cell phones, phone system, network, security system and all hardware. Maintenance of equipment inventory.
- Assist in ongoing troubleshooting, maintenance of the IDHC tracking system.
- Managing and updating of the IDHC website and on-line store, Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets.
- Coordinating all efforts to standardize organizational branding and logo usage.
- Works to ensure that all webpages and publications comply with AODA guidelines.
- Maintenance of the IDHC contact list.
- Lead in the development of social media marketing, informational and educational materials and campaigns to support the organizations mission including assisting in the preparation, research and writing content for resources, email blasts, social media posts, factsheets and trainings.
- Train new staff on communication tools and strategy.
- Responsible for necessary data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Assist staff in organizing conferences and events.
- Monitor monthly web statistics as provided by the Internet Service Provider.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be designated by the Executive Director/Program Director.
Qualifications include but not limited to the following:
- University/College degree or equivalent in Communications or strongly related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working the communications field.
- Experience with web design and maintenance, marketing and communications planning, printing and publication, social marketing and cross-project collaboration.
- Excellent proven verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Indigenous organizations in locally and provincially as well as a strong interest in playing a role to strengthen health outcomes for Indigenous peoples.
- Microsoft Office, Office 365, Sharepoint, aptitude in graphic work
- Indigenous language considered an asset
- Report to Executive Director/Program Director
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be designated by the Executive Director/Program Director
- Travel may be required, some weekends and evenings, valid driver’s license, valid insurance and CPIC required
Standards of Performance:
- Completion of duties as outlines in job description
- Good conduct and standard or professionalism at work in representation of IDHC
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures as set by the IDHC
Applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and 3 letters of reference to the attention of:
3250 Schmon Parkway Unit 1B Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6
Accepting applications until: November 16th, 2018