The Community Consultation Coordinator (CCC) is a full-time, one-year term position with the possibility of an extension (dependent on performance and funding). The CCC is responsible for ensuring that information is available to the community in regards to Industry and Government relations pertaining to resource and policy development on Wasauksing territorial lands within the Robinson Huron Treaty area. The incumbent will be implementing and updating the Wasauksing First Nation External Consultation and Accommodation Protocol, 2016 regarding how Wasauksing First Nation should be consulted with for projects involving resource and policy development within Wasauksing territorial lands. Additionally, the CCC will be assisting the Lands Manager with office support duties related to the overall lands operation of Wasauksing First Nation lands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The key outcomes of work related to this position are as follows:
- Strengthen, build, and maintain consultation with Government agencies and partnerships relating to lands and resources;
- Actively engage all members in the community consultation process and develop effective resolutions to issues raised by members;
- Be a key player in conducting or retrieval of historical research, traditional land use planning/issues, and ensuring its heritage/cultural significance is maintained;
- Implement/update the Internal Consultation Protocol and External Consultation Protocol; and
- Actively engage community leadership in discussions with key stakeholders and government.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop an annual work plan and measure outcomes/challenges and successes;
- Contribute to the planning and coordinating of Community events. In particular, design of communication materials specific to these activities;
- Maintain communication templates for all written communications, including, but not limited to: letters, memos, briefing notes, emails, internal and external publications etc.;
- Maintain database of contacts, photos, videos, and all consultation requests;
- Assist the Lands Manager with office support duties related to the overall lands operation of Wasauksing First Nation lands; and
- Comply with all Band policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) or equivalent;
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent five (5) year work experience in community development initiatives;
- Must have planning and coordinating experience and have strong time-management skills;
- Must be able to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate progress of projects;
- Strong computer literacy, and demonstrated knowledge of various computer software which includes Desktop publishing, Excel Spread sheets, and database development is necessary;
- Experience in compiling and writing detailed reports and briefing reports for Chief and Council;
- Understanding and knowledge of Wasauksing First Nations programs and services is an asset;
- Highly motivated and ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced work environment;
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and be insurable under Band policies; and
- Must provide current CPIC acceptable to position upon conditional offer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be received no later than: Friday, October 19, 2018
Please forward your cover letter, resume, copies of education credentials, and contact information for three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.