- Further your career with a growing and world-class First Nations organization in beautiful Bella Bella!
- Make a lasting difference to the lives of The Heiltsuk people!
- Enjoy a highly competitive salary and great benefits package, including relocation assistance.
About Hailika’as Heiltsuk Health Centre
The Hailika’as Heiltsuk Health Centre (HHHC) takes a multidisciplinary approach to managing a range of community health programs with the goal of improving the health of the Heiltsuk people. The HHHC has a vision for a healthy community that respects equality and diversity. In the spirit of unity, the HHHC strives to promote a community that is innovative and that embraces a commitment to continual growth and healing.
A New Opportunity Awaits
The Hailika’as Heiltsuk Health Centre has two exciting opportunities for Community Counsellors in Bella Bella, British Columbia.
Reporting directly to the Community Wellness Program Team Leader, you will provide one to one, couples, family, and group counselling to community members, design and facilitate support groups, and organize and facilitate workshops.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being actively involved in intervention with individuals and families experiencing crisis
- Developing intervention strategies in consultation with the program supervisor and counselling team
- Maintaining counselling caseloads, building on the support of existing health, social service, and education workers in the field, and working with other professionals in an integrated case management model
- Designing, developing, and facilitating support groups and workshops as needed and as interests are identified
- Participating in professional meetings, conferences, and continuing education courses
- Actively participating in community development initiatives
- Working directly with suicidal or dangerous persons, and working irregular hours in emergency or crisis intervention
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in a related discipline (a Master’s degree is preferred) and previous counselling experience. You will also need to be registered with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
Please note that due to the nature of this role you will be required to produce evidence of a criminal record check. Similarly, you will have some flexibility to work a modified schedule based on the needs of clients.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
At the HHHC, we greatly value the contributions of our team and actively encourage their professional development through the provision of training and career advancement opportunities.
We take pride in our family-friendly workplace and offer the following benefits:
- Full Benefits (Life and AD&D insurance, Extended Health, and Pension)
- A company laptop and cell phone
- Regularly scheduled social events
- Tuition assistance/Professional Development
- Relocation assistance and subsidized fully furnished housing
- Travel benefits including four return fares a year to Vancouver
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a rewarding role, and who wants to finish each working day knowing you have made a difference to the lives of your colleagues, organization, and community.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a role that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction – Apply Now! For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/87206