Community Education Coordinator
Classification: Training Consultant
Full-Time Regular Position
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they meet the selection criteria and the competition number in their written submissions.
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires an individual to perform the responsibilities of the Community Education Coordinator (CEC). The incumbent will be responsible for meeting with community and industry representatives to determine training needs. Extensive travel is required for this position. The incumbent will liaise and collaborate with Aboriginal organizations and communities, business and industry to identify training and coordinate the delivery of contract training. The incumbent will work with UCN representatives in a collaborative, cooperative approach to deliver training to address community and industry needs.
- A combination of post-secondary education and demonstrated experience working with industry and Aboriginal organizations (preference will be given to candidates with experience working in Northern Manitoba)
- A minimum of two years’ work experience developing and working with budgets and forecasting Previous experience developing proposals and budgets
- Effective communication skills Effective interpersonal skills Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership and self-management skills Effective time-management skills
- Ability to use technology effectively
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Previous experience working with adult and aboriginal learners
Knowledge of trades and apprenticeship accreditation procedures
Conditions of Employment:
Valid driver’s license
Extensive travel required
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-021
Closing Date: April 27, 2017
Salary Range: $33.54 to $41.63 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.