Company: Ecoland Inc.
Business information: Ecoland Inc. is prepared to work hard for our Clients by providing excellent workmanship alongside with top quality and eco-friendly products in the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on landscape construction (soft-scape and hardscape) including asphalt paving, concrete, municipal site services and other exterior construction.
Business location: 4930 Mayfield Rd, Caledon, ON L7C 0Z4
Location of work: Greater Toronto Area vicinity
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Instruct apprentices
- Spread, compact, level and smooth concrete using rakes, shovels, hand or power trowels, hand or power screeds and floats.
- Monitor how environmental factors (wind, heat, cold) affects the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Mold expansion joints using edging tools, jointers and a straightedge.
-Education: Completion of high school.
-Experience: A minimum of three years of experience as concrete finisher is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
– A sound knowledge of concrete operations from planning and forming to the finished product
– The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment
– The ability to kneel, balance, climb crouch and crawl
– The ability to lift heavy objects (80+ lbs)
– A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
– A safety conscious attitude and willingness to follow all company practices and procedures
– Driver’s Licence
Salary:$36.00 – $37.00 Hourly, 50-55 Hours per week.
Important Information: Schedule of work is Monday-Friday 7:00am-6:00pm during high season, and from 7.00am – 5.00pm during low season. Work is occasionally required on Saturdays.
Benefits:Work and safety uniforms, transportation from workplace to out of town jobsites, and medical benefits.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 4930 Mayfield Rd, Caledon, ON L7C 0Z4