D. J. MASONARY LTD.
8955 140A Street Surrey, British ColumbiaV3V 7H1
Salary: $26.00 – $30.00/Hourly (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (35 hours per week)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Concrete Finishers (7282)
NOC Job Title: Concrete Finisher
Selected Candidates will be required to work at various location around the lower mainland as per company contracts8955 140A Street Surrey, British ColumbiaV3V 7H1
Job Description: J. MASONARY LTD. a company based at 8955 140A Street Surrey, British ColumbiaV3V 7H1 is currently looking for two qualified Concrete Finishers.
Concrete finishers at D. J. Masonary Ltd. perform the following duties:
- Levelling the top surface of freshly poured concrete on floors, walls, ceilings or sidewalks
- Smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface treatments
- Install, maintain and restore various masonry structures such as foundations, floors, ceilings, sidewalks, roads, patios in residential and commercial construction
- Operating a power vibrator to compress concrete
- Applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure the surface of concrete
- Waterproofing, damp-proofing and restoring concrete surfaces
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straightedge or float
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is mandatory.
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience in the trade is required or 3-4 years of apprenticeship program in the trade.
- Language: Basic English is a requirement.
- Candidates preferred to be physically fit, able to lift weight (50lbs), should be willing to work outdoors, indoors, rain or shine
- 10 days paid off (Yearly) or 4% vacation of gross salary with 10 days of unpaid vacation
- All Provincial & Federal holidays
- Free drop off and pick up in company vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
At heights, Noisy, Dusty
Major Work Area
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply at the earliest
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 8955 140A Street Surrey, British ColumbiaV3V 7H1