Company: Donysh Inc.
Business information: Our services include the supply and install of all aspects of flooring in residential and commercial projects.
Business Address: 1111 Finch Ave.W, Unit 33, Toronto, ON, M3J 2E5
Work Location:Work involves multiple locations which require site visits and inspections all over GTA in Ontario.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
About the Position:
Estimating the entire project design, including reviewing bid documents and specifications, creating take-offs, quantifying and qualifying material quantities for precise and accurate bid package/proposals.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering of tenders, real-time cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Analyze and interpret documents, specifications, proposals, and addendums in preparation for pricing
- Communicate with internal/ external sources; ensure project deadlines are met and installers are prepared.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, clients and installers
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
- Communicate with owners, architects, general contractors and subcontractors regarding potential costs, cost savings and change costs
- Preparation of shop drawings and spreadsheets for installers and contractors for instructions and calculations
- Follow-up on bidding opportunities identified through tender sites, customers, and RFQ’s to close transactions.
- Establish most accurate and efficient quantity takeoffs for purchase orders and quotes
- Research material requirements (finish goods, trims, accessories and installation methods).
- Provide superior customer service; ensure client satisfaction
-Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology or Minimum three years of experience as a qualified tradesperson / estimator in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
– Degree or diploma in Construction Management preferred
– 3 years Residential, Commercial, Industrial estimating experience, preferably for flooring finishes
– Solid advanced proficiency in all following software is a must: PlanSwift, Bluebeam, Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
-Must be able to travel within GTA, must have a G-Class Driving License and personal vehicle for transportation
-Solid understanding of carpet, vinyl, tile, resilient, LVT, wood and other floor covering products along with their installation requirements.
– Must have a deep and up-to-dateknowledge of material and labour prices for all flooring finishes specifically for Greater Toronto Area.
– Must have anetwork of good relations with flooring suppliers, installers and subcontractors.
– Relations with oversea suppliers (such as from Italy, Turkey and China) of porcelain/ceramic tile and natural stone is an asset
– Ability to work well under pressure and attentive to deadlines
– Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
– Advanced problem-solving skills; ability to identify potential problems, prepare and present options.
– Excellent verbal/ written communication skills, able to contact general contractors and vendors for clarifications to plans and specifications
– Precise, focused, attention to detail
Salary:$29.81 to $31.81 Hourly, 37.5Hours per week
Benefits: Meals, refreshments, transportation, bonus and paid vacation.
Normal work schedule is from 8:30AM to 5:00PM on weekdays. Two days off on Saturdays and Sundays. Extended hours as necessary. Occasional weekend work. Must have flexible availability due to site visits, shift sometimes might start at 6:30am.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to:866-455-4722