Job Title: Cook
Name of Restaurant: Sweet Palace
Location: 1098 Peter Robertson Blvd, Brampton, Ontario L6R 1G6
Type of Employment: Two-year contract, full time work
Salary: $16 per hour for 40 hours per week. Bonus as per company policy.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 5 years or more
Ability to Supervise: 5-10 people
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information: Urban area, Willing to relocate, Relocation costs covered by employer
Work Site Environment: Odours, Hot
Personal Suitability: Dependability, Client focus, Initiative, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Judgement, Flexibility, Reliability, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances,
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory,
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods,
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies,
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
Cook Categories: Cook (general)
Cuisine Specialties: East Indian, Vegetarian
Food Specialties: Meat, poultry and game, Eggs and dairy, Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms, Stocks, soups and sauces, Fish and seafood
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods,
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas,
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food,
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers,
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment,
- Clean kitchen and work areas; maintain a safe and clean kitchen and work area
- Manage kitchen operations
- Specialize in preparing and cooking Indian tandoori cuisine – Preparing all kind of Tandoori Items as per menu and requirement (Veg and Non Veg Biryani, Kabob and Curry).
- Create new recipes and decorative food displays
- Know how to operate a tandoor (clay oven); Regulating temperatures of Tandoori ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- Butchery of lamb, chicken and fish.
- Prepare and cook traditional Indian Chat, Snacks & Sweets such as Samosas, Chat Papadi, Chana Kachori, Malai Paneer Tikka, etc.
- Pay close attention to special requests (preferences, allergies, heat level)
- Portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and required
- Help plan seasonal menus, as well as menus for special events and catering
- Schedule and oversee kitchen helpers
- Storing food with in temperature controlled facilities.
- Must maintain the standards of commercial Kitchen and make sure of the safety, hygiene control of all staff in the kitchen.
- Good sense of smell and taste
- Great knife skills
Work Setting: Restaurant
Apply by email: email@example.com
Start Date: As soon as possible.