$15.00/hour for 40 hours a week. Overtime applicable after 40 hours.
Number of positions available
- Prepare and cook complete meals or dishes as per Nando’s menu
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Supervise and schedule kitchen helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food and other supplies
- Make sure kitchen and work area is clean and sanitised at all the times as per company policy
- Assist in training of the new staff
- Perform other duties as requested by the management team
Education: High school completion preferred
2-3 years of experience working in a kitchen environment as a cook
Completion of college or other program in cooking
Terms of Employment
Permanent, Full Time
As we are busier at the weekends, availability at the weekends and for extended hours would be an asset
Anticipated start date
As soon as possible (at latest in 3 months)
Skills & Personal suitability
- Detail oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Business and organizational skills
- Customer service and problem-solving abilities
Read instructions about operating appliances and equipment
Interpret Occupational Health & Safety hazard symbols
Check off items and quantities on delivery checklists
SDL Restaurants Ltd DBA Nando’s
Food Court at Metropolis, Metrotown
Burnaby, BC V5H 4J2
Why join Nandos?
We have a saying at Nando’s and it’s simply this: “Nando’s is not just about the chicken. It’s never been just about the chicken. It’s about the people who make the chicken.” Inspired by our adventurous spirit and our values, passion, courage, integrity and family, our Nandocas (the name for people who work at Nando’s) are like a big, extended family. Welove the fact that everyone is different – which is why everyone is welcome at our table and to join our organization!
Relocation expenses covered by the employer as well as first three months of medical insurance, if required.
Note: Please mention the job title in the subject line while applying for the position.
How to apply