Employer: Cheng Lung Hou Enterprises Ltd. dba Chili House Restaurant
Business/Work Location: 19571 Fraser Highway, Surrey, BC – V3S 6K7
Title of Position: Cook
Number of positions: 2
Terms of employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Wages: $14.00 – $16.00 / hour (depending on experience)
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook meals or individual dishes/foods as per menu and restaurant standards.
- Ensure the food quality is outstanding every time.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment’s.
- Keep the work area, utensils and production equipment in a clean and sanitized state.
- Follow safe food handling procedures at all times
- Adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures.
Education: No formal education
Experience: 2+ years of commercial cooking experience
Functional English is required
Essential Skills: Working with others, significant use of memory, continuous learning
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Attention to Detail
Personal Suitability: Organized, Client focus, Tea player, Judgement, Reliability
Work Setting: Restaurant
Note: Applicants with culinary certificate or cooking diploma will be considered with 1 year or less experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please mention the job title in the subject line while applying for the position**