– The cook will perform some or all of the following duties:
– Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
– Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
– Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
– Oversee kitchen operations
– Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
– May set up and oversee buffets
– May clean kitchen and work area
– May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
– May hire and train kitchen staff
– Completion of secondary school required
– Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks
– Completion of college or other program in cooking
– Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
Job Location: 565 George St, Prince George, BC V2L 1R6