Company: Metcalf Food & Beverage Inc.
Business information: We provide special mobile event food services across Canada.
Business address: 577 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON, M1H 2A3
Work Location: Various locations at events across ON, SK, AB, MBand BC.
Type of Employment:Full time-Seasonal
Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2019.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare varied dishes from scratch with fresh products
- Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of foodpriorities of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Initiate and maintain safe food handling practices and personally interact with local Health Dept inspectors during on-site premise inspections
- Manage kitchen operations
- Participate in all food preparations
- Prepare mobile kitchen for travel and make trailer ready for opening at next event
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years ofexperience a then a post-secondary certificate is required
– Must be available/able to travel for 5 months.
Salary:$15.00to $16.00hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits:Uniforms, transportation, accommodation.Workers are personally entitled to eat and drink from our Concessions while we are open at no charge
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Always weekends shifts
- Shifts varies according to each event.Some events may run 10 or more days straight.
- Overtime may be required.
- Fulltime travel is required
- This position might be physically demanding
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail: 577 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON, M1H 2A3