The Coordinator Contract Administration will prepare and co-ordinate contract documents and specifications for capital works projects, maintenance and repair, various services and a variety of administrative and program related functions in support of the Chief Corporate Office Organization.
- Develops and maintains “terms of Reference” for a wide variety of materials/equipment and testing of services related to capital projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of documents and specifications including REOI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s and tenders to support the Facilities Management Divisions in administering the capital program, maintenance and repair, various services and custodial
- Reviews and comments on contract documents prepared by outside consultants
- Conducts review of tender documents and submissions to ensure conformance with City Standards/requirements
- Provides capital cost accounting, conduct statistical research, and evaluate and track tender item cost; prepare payment certificates and technical reports for the award of capital projects
- Represents the Division at Bid Committee meetings to ensure compliance with Departmental standards/requirements
- Executes scheduling and execution of contract documents and requisitions for the tendering of projects.
- Liaises with Purchasing Division & Legal Division regarding tenders and other supervisors and/or departments as well as the award and execution of contract documents.
- Arranges for bid depositories and compiles complete tender document including all specifications and drawings and stipulates requirement regarding insurance and bonding.
- Reviews specifications for compliance with municipal policy, procedures and other tender documents specification sections.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience with cost control including progress payments, project cost accounting and processing invoices.
- Considerable experience with contract administration support including REOI’s, RFPs, RFQs, tenders and
- bid evaluations.
- Experience with accounting software (i.e. SAP).
- Experience with Project Tracking Software would be considered an asset.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- PMP Certification would be an asset.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the municipal tendering process and procurement process and by-laws.
- Knowledge of the Capital Works Projects Procurement and Administration Manual and the Master Tender Document Template would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of Construction Lien Act as it applies to this position.
- Knowledge of Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) standards and templates.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgement in public and personal relations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels Work effectively with colleagues, provincial officials, consultants, solicitors and other internal and external clients.
- Ability to prepare reports for decision making purposes and/or review by senior management.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate documentation for all staff within the unit.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize assignments and work with minimal supervision.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: