Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence Service (BIS) in I&T Enterprise Solutions Services you will be assigned to the Business and Data Analytics team, provide expert Business Intelligence functional and technical consulting, implementation and sustainment services to support City Business Intelligence initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities as a Corporate Application Project Leader (SAP BI Lead) will be varied. Specifically you will:
- Support projects and teams and provide senior technical consulting and analysis, development, testing, quality assurance and project planning expertise to deliver and sustain critical enterprise business applications and information in the area of SAP BW/BI development.
- Communicate effectively e.g. leading and facilitating meetings, preparing and delivering presentations and reports. Audiences include business/project managers, project team members and other orders of government and external parties.
- Develop and/or apply complex business and application models, information structures, data models, data schemas, technical program code, network and security interfaces, data and application design as governed by architectural frameworks, technology standards, information policies and legislative requirements.
- Actively participate in corporate and cross-divisional initiatives to design, construct and implement business and application infrastructure solutions, such as; data warehousing, dashboards, and electronic service delivery.
- Recommend improvements to current methodologies, processes, standards, policies and guidelines.
- Generate the plan and directs the project team in the execution of software upgrade activities.
- Coordinate with internal and external consultants on detailed systems deliverables and technical problem resolution.
- Coordinate and develops program specifications, documentation and user instruction/training of the system.
- Apply technical expertise to perform analysis, development and testing for new or enhancements to existing complex, critical enterprise business applications and information, including unit, system, integration, regression, performance, security, usability, optimization/configuration testing and coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Apply technical expertise to support the development and testing environments of complex computing solutions.
- Direct the day to day work output of staff and resources including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work tasks to ensure a continuing and consistent service by sustaining complex, critical enterprise business applications and information.
- Determine project requirements, analyzes and recommends feasible options, designs, builds and/or codes, acquires, tests, and implements enterprise information structures and applications, and sustains information technology solutions to meet critical City-wide and divisional business objectives and to provide scalable enterprise solutions.
- Apply technical expertise to ensure security, privacy and quality assurance requirements are implemented in a manner that delivers business requirements and is consistent with MFIPPA and legislation, thereby ensuring the integrity of complex enterprise information and applications.
- Apply project management expertise to lead and/or provide input to project management and procurement processes including the evaluation and recommendation of complex technical solutions and professional services.
- Apply technical expertise to develop and/or input to procurement and project management documentation. Examples include business cases, RFI/P/Qs, Sole Sources, statements of work, service level agreements, project charters, project plans, status reports, issue logs, change orders, resource plans, budgets, migration plans, contingency plans and risk assessments.
Your application for the role of Corporate Application Technical Leader (SAP BI Lead) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- SAP Business Objects BI Suite 4.0 or above professional certification or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive design and development experience in SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x suite tools including Crystal Reports , Webi, Analysis for Olap, Analysis for MS, Universe Designer, Information Design tool and Dashboards.
- Experience in Design Studio and SAP Lumira.
- Experience leveraging SAP BW 7.x /BW on HANA as the key data source for SAP Business Objects BI implementations
- Considerable experience in Bex Query development, including calculated and restricted key figures, authorization variables, global structures
- Design and development experience in SAP BW 7.x/BW on HANA including Infoobjects, Infoproviders, Multiproviders
- Experience in leading technical work packages, including demonstrated skills in working under project management methodology (ASAP preferred), with a proven track record in completing projects successfully according to an established methodology.
- Considerable experience and training in the development and testing of SAP BW/BI based applications to address business requirements
- Experience in coaching, training and/or providing work direction to team members and assessing outcomes.
You must also have:
- Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline with several years of progressively more responsible experience in large-scale information technology systems or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an aptitude to work independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Advanced time management and estimation capabilities and ability to perform several tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to be on call for support of production systems, as required.
- The City has committed to specific tools and methodologies that support large scale information and technology projects. Experience using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies is required. Examples include SAP Information Steward, SAP Data Services, SAP BW, SAP BusinessObjects BI, Erwin, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Rational Rose UML, HP Quality Center Testing Suite, MS Sharepoint, MS SQL Server, IBM Websphere, Java, J2EE, EJB, HTML, XML, Powerbuilder, Visual Basic, SAP (ABAP).
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology”
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team, Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as a Corporate Application Technical Leader within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 Petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system and Canada Post’s ePost service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.