Supervisor, Service Delivery
Community Program Officer-IA R24
Amendment: March 01, 2019 (job requirements updated)
An eligibility list may be established.
This position works with a virtual team and will be located at the contact center in either Prince George, Kamloops, Chilliwack, Surrey, or Victoria.
This role is responsible for enhancing and leading contact centre responsiveness to client and service delivery maximizing the use of staff resources at all times. This is the day to day, hour by hour implementation of the forecast and service delivery goals.
Role is a key member of the contact centre leadership and is equally responsible for achieving service delivery results by working collaboratively with colleagues and managers.
This role will develop leadership insight into best practices for the day to day movement of staff, monitoring the queue in coordination with multiple stakeholders.
The position will review and analyze contact centre traffic patterns for Volume, Productivity and trends to optimize staffing levels. This may include:
- Developing and implementing operational plans and strategies to manage the delivery of a broad range of social services; identifies operational priorities, performance standards and practices.
- Leads and supports staff responsible for assessing, evaluating and determining client service eligibility.
- Interprets legislation and policies to ensure decisions comply with legislation and policies.
- Individual Performance
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Georgina.Kelly@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Services, Business Administration, or Public Administration and a minimum of one-year related experience or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced experience in Excel and other analytical tools.
- Recent (within last two years) leadership experience in a Contact Centre environment
Related Experience must include all of the following:
- Delivering customer service in a high volume, fast paced, rapidly changing environment (in-person, via virtual technologies or over the telephone).
- Providing services to clients from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, clients from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, clients with mental health issues and/or physical disabilities or other challenges, clients with substance use issues and individuals who may be in crisis, displaying frustration, anger or acting out in an abusive manner.
- Planning, directing, monitoring, organizing, assessing and/or controlling of the monetary resources of an organization.
- Supervising, coaching, orienting, scheduling, evaluating performance, and providing direction to employees.
- Delivering programs and services requiring an assessment of eligibility and, applying rules, regulations and/or legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership in real time contact centre queue management and analytics.
Preference may be given to applicants with Contact Centre experience and more than five years of related experience and/or supervisory experience gained within the last two years.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.