Company: Clovermead Farms Inc.
Business information: Clovermead Farms Inc. was founded in 1981 and is a dairy farm located in Alma, Ontario. We have 200 dairy calves/heifers and 180 dairy cows.
Business Location: 7600 Wellington County Road 8, Alma, Ontario, N0B 1A0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Monitoring animal health
- Feed and tend cows and calves
- Milk cows
- Clean stables, barns and barnyards
- Detect disease and health problems in cows and calves
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
- Vaccinate calves and cows
- Assist veterinarians
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Monitor and assist with breeding program
- Monitor and assist with cows in the maternity area and calving
Work Location: Rural area
Area of specialization: Dairy farming.
-Education: No formal education is required.
-Experience: Experience is an asset
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00Hourly, 40-55 Hours per week.
Benefits: Boots and weekend lunch are provided.Beef and milk at no cost.
– This position is physically demanding and involveshandling heavy loads.
– Flexibility on schedule is required, the worker will work 10 hours a day, 4 days per week and every other weekend will be required.The most common schedule will be from 7am to 7pm (1 hour off for breakfast and 1 hour off for lunch). On the required weekends, the worker will work 10 hours on Saturdays and 5 hours on Sundays.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 7600 Wellington County Road 8, Alma, Ontario, N0B 1A0