The Sport Law & Strategy Group provides legal solutions, planning and governance services, event management and sponsorship consulting, Integral Coaching and communications, financial management and HR advice to leaders and organizations in the Canadian sport system. Over the past 25 years, we have connected with every sport and touched every corner of the country.
We are currently looking for an experienced Indigenous bookkeeper as we expand our range of services offered to our clients, particularly our Indigenous client. Working closely with one of our Associates, this individual will be an independent contractor working with a number of our clients on a regular basis providing data entry bookkeeping services as part of a comprehensive financial management offering.
- Weekly inputting of vendor invoices & deposits
- Preparation of online payments for authorization
- Preparation of vendor payments
- Preparation of all government remittances – Payroll, HST, EHT
- Payroll preparation & processing
- Monthly bank reconciliations
Skills & Background
- Extensive experience using QuickBooks, Excel and cloud document management
- Experience working with not for profit organizations
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- Be of Indigenous heritage, be passionate about Indigenous culture, understand and be willing to work within an Indigenous value system that emphasizes caring, sharing and respect for all.
- Education/certification in bookkeeping and accounting
- 5 years experience in bookkeeping, ideally as an independent contractor
- Located in, and able to travel throughout, Ottawa
- Have own laptop computer (PC or Mac) & equipment able to support current software
- Secure internet access