JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10382
We are looking for an experienced Database Coordinator to join our Corporate Affairs and Development Division.
The key responsibilities of the position will be the following:
- Providing support for the Development Branch data management systems;
- Assisting all Development Branch staff;
- Utilizing Raiser’s Edge (specialized business donor tracking database and software) in support of development-wide goals and functions;
- Managing the system data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database, overseeing data entry, and end-user training and support including importing and exporting of data, extracting and analyzing data and producing data reports;
- Assisting in the development of and implementation of policies to guide data entry;
- Documenting database changes and ensuring that the database effectively captures donor information and generates accurate financial and analytical reports.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in:
- Working with CRM systems software and/or Raiser’s Edge;
- Working with Crystal Reports would be considered an asset;
- Importing or exporting records through queries and reporting functions;
- Using word processing (Word), electronic spreadsheet (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and electronic mail (Outlook);
- Coordinating projects.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and processes;
- Basic principles of fundraising and marketing, research in a fundraising context desired;
- Document merging using various software systems;
- Writing of various reports and correspondence;
- Donor management and CRM software systems;
- Programs, activities and objectives of the CMH.
Education: College diploma in development, marketing, communications, business administration or other related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core competencies: Concern for Order and Quality; Client focus; Analytical thinking; Action Oriented; Teamwork and Collaboration; Planning.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.
Compensation: $47,604 – $61,557 (Job Classification: E4)
Language: BBB imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their application, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.