The NEC Native Education College is a private college for Indigenous learners to live their cultural heritage and realize their true potential. NEC works to strengthen Indigenous communities through accredited programs that lead to employment and higher learning. The Indigenous cultural values in NEC programs are at the core of reconciliation, economic success and a sustainable future for all nations.
The Academic Dean is responsible for the academic and administrative integrity of the educational programs offered by NEC. In this capacity, the Dean of Academics, reporting to the president:
- Plans, develops, implements and manages efficient and effective post-secondary education programming by providing leadership and support to faculty and staff, and by liaising with external partners including funders, other post-secondary education institutions, practicum partners, employers, First Nations and multiple stakeholder organizations;
- Fosters an environment within the organization which contributes to student and graduate success;
- Ensures that programs meet internal and external quality standards, including those of PTIB, accrediting organizations, and other post-secondary institutions ;
- Ensures that programs are delivered using the best practices of Aboriginal adult education;
- Contributes to the management of NEC and undertakes activities which make a positive contribution to achieving its overall mission.