- Performs reception duties (i.e. answering telephone, greeting clients)
- Assists parents of clients in completing medical history information, survey questionnaires, and applying for provincially funded dental programs etc.
- Ensures parents/patients sign eligibility forms for patients in “Healthy Smiles Ontario Dental Program” (HSO) and other dental programs
- Completes dental forms, maintains dental files, files charts/records alphabetically and conducts annual file clearance
- Maintains waiting room. Schedules appointments for the dentists, dental assistants and hygienists. Arranges dental appointments, refers patients to specialists, follows up with patients from school screening programs
- Prepares staff related documentation (i.e. attendance, vacations, etc.). Maintains up to date payroll and personnel information on dental staff
- Generates regular reports and monthly staff records on the computer. Enters, updates and retrieves computerized dental and clinical information using the Oral Health Information Support System (OHISS). Prints documents as necessary
- Maintains inventory by ordering, receiving, checking and stocking dental supplies
- Receives dental supply requisitions from staff and arranges ordering and delivery of supplies
- Arranges for repairs and transfers, and tracks and monitors safety of dental equipment
- Prepares and completes records for payment of equipment repairs and supplies purchased
- Collects and mails the x-ray dosimeters for recording staff exposure to radiation
- Provides Toronto Public Health dental and other program information services to clients, and residents (i.e. promoting clinics as necessary, providing health brochures and pamphlets)
- Prepares dental claims for billing insurance companies
- Processes and inputs dental claims and pre-authorization of dental services forms verifying the completeness and accuracy of procedure codes and payment of fees. Follows up on claims that have not been paid.
- Receives and processes payments of claims as defined by policy. Provides information to inquiries from parents, clients, staff and other agencies regarding the department’s dental program (i.e. eligibility guidelines)
- Packs soiled laundry and arranges for pick up, completes laundry slip, signs incoming invoice and forwards to appropriate personnel for payment
Your application must describe your key qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience working in a dental practice.
- Experience in scheduling dental appointments; reception duties, responding to telephone inquiries regarding dental needs.
- Experience in the set up and maintenance of filing systems.
- Experience in ordering dental supplies and office supplies.
- Experience in completing dental insurance claim forms and compiling statistical data.
- Experience with customer service.
You must also have:
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Aboriginal, Hindi, Korean, Punjabi, Spanish, Tamil, Urdu, Arabic, Hungarian or Russian would be an asset.
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills with an emphasis on volume and accuracy. Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to carry out routine duties with minimal direction.
- Willingness to travel to other clinics and/or schools.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with dental procedures and dental terminology.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2264649 and the job classification title.