Director – Global Banking Coverage- Montreal : 00008PE9
Employment Type: Regular
This position is accountable to the EVP & MD Head of Global Banking. The role involves actively developing and building client relationships with large Canadian corporations and multinational clients. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of HSBC products and the ability to develop client relationships and leverage an internal network.
Impact on the Business
- Proactively manage all aspects of key client relationships.
- Maintain and develop Banking relationships to deliver against revenue targets.
- Identify, structure and execute transactions by liaising with clients, product partners and Credit.
- Working with Analysts/Associates, complete credit and market risk assessments of transactions; handle documentation negotiations with clients and legal counsel; ensure proper booking of transactions internally and compliance with internal policies.
- Contribute fully to the minimization of credit provisions and losses.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Proactive business idea generation and responsive to client needs.
- Present well developed, persuasive ideas including marketing opportunities
- Demonstrate increase share of client wallet.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive client plans; incorporate relevant Global Sector Head input/involvement in the relationship development process.
- Provide support to cross-border colleagues related to assigned clients.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Close interaction with product areas and strong knowledge of HSBC products including Debt Capital markets, Equity Capital Markets, Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, FX, Derivatives, Payments and Cash Management, Custody, Trade.
- Mentor and support team analysts on credit analysis, financial modeling, preparing presentations, reporting and client support.
- Maintain constructive relationships with Risk, Compliance, Audit and Operations.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Compliance: Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to Banking activities and the conduct of the business.
- The individual will function in a demanding business environment requiring prioritizing to meet deadlines and revenue targets.
- The position requires a team-oriented self-starter who has the ability to work within a small, focused business group.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Is aware of the operational risk scenarios associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- To implement the Group Compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- 5 to 10+ years experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions for large and complex publicly listed companies
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a financial services industry in a corporate lending environment with solid achievements in portfolio management and developing business.
- Experience and exposure to complex credit transactions including Cross border, Syndication, Capital Markets, Equity and Debt.
- Strong knowledge of transaction banking products and services
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (verbal and written)
Job Field : Capital Markets
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 10-Feb-2017, 14:15:25 Unposting Date : 25-Feb-2017, 02:59:00