Director of Sales
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for a Director, Sales to manage the sales process in their territory for prospective groups and strategic existing account renewals. The sales process includes the development and execution of strategies and/or tactics in the following areas; Territory Planning, Pre-RFP Prospecting and Relationship Development, Proposal Development, Pricing Development, Presentation Development and Delivery (finalist or other), Negotiations, Closing and Contracting.
Success will be measured by achievement of sales targets in the following areas; Net New Lives/Scripts, Profitability Goals and Other Key Work plan Objectives assigned to Sales Director. The position will report into the Head of Strategic Accounts and Client Relations.
- Develops new and ongoing relationships with potential clients and other external influencers to ensure sales targets of net new lives/scripts, profitability goals, strategic renewals and up-sell targets are met
- Executes tactics outlined in territory plan (e.g., regional forums for prospects and consultants, establishment of direct mail campaign as appropriate, face-to-face visits)
- Develops and communicates strategies for proposal and pricing content development
- Works with sales support areas and operations to develop these key deliverables
- Develops and communicates strategies for sales presentation
- Works closely with the Account Manager and Marketing to produce presentation content.
- Leads sales presentations to potential clients
- Participates in negotiation and finalization of contracts
- Accountable for annual sales planning for assigned territory, development of sales strategy and new sales targets. Responsible for attainment of work plan goals within set budgets
- Works on special projects and tasks forces as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or related area, and/or a minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field
- Demonstrated sales results preferably in a related industry
- Able to use proper judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefits Management or Group Insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of employee benefits self-insurance marketplace
- Knowledge of the specific markets brokers and consultants within the employee benefits self-insurance marketplace
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- PC skills in using Microsoft Office, Email, and Internet
- Leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to sales and client service
- Organizational/prioritization skills
- Willingness to travel between 20% – 30% of the time
- Knowledge of French an asset
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.