- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Director, Software Engineering
Director, Software Engineering
Express Scripts Canada (ESC) is actively looking for a Director, Software Engineering who is looking for a challenge and loves an innovative work environment. We know that our clients expect the best from us and that means providing pharmacy benefit management solutions that deliver better health benefits for less to our clients – employees, employers, insurance carriers, third-party administrators and government health programs.
In this role you will assist the team in building, improving, and maintaining a world class pharmacy fulfillment system for our Active Pharmacy platform. You will roll up your sleeves to lead a team of software engineers in designing, developing, integrating, and testing a complex ecosystem dedicated to ensuring members receive their prescription medication on-time with efficient access to their order. You should have extensive experience building an API-driven Java micro-services application, excellent communication skills, and a drive to make a significant impact in the ways Canadian receive their prescription medications. Expect to take ownership of a technical vision, to take the lead on key architectural decisions, to mentor a growing team, and to hold a high standard in code reviews and production availability.
Working closely with the CIO for Express Scripts Canada, and acting as a member of the technology leadership team, the Director will ensure that our fulfilment platform is providing stability and efficiency for our online active pharmacy system, while also ensuring the reliability and efficiency of systems supporting our customer service promise, such as, corporate financial and data analytics. You’ll lead and mentor a talented team of technical leads and developers, focusing on continuous improvement, software excellence, and maintaining a high performing development organization. In addition to our internal team, you will also be accountable for managing our outsourced development partners across onshore and offshore teams.
- Lead and mentor a high performing team in an agile delivery environment.
- Ensure consistent and timely delivery of new digital experiences while driving good application design, scalability, development velocity, predictability and quality.
- Effectively manager and coordinate implementations across internal, customer and vendor teams.
- Communicate project status and issues in a concise and accurate manner to executives.
- Collaborate with multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage concurrent projects
- Work with the product management team to continuously improve our product development methodologies.
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent.
- Participate/facilitate cross-functional issue resolution with ESC business leaders and customers
- Prepare and manage annual departmental and project budgets
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and performance management activities
- Maintain operational efficiencies, maintenance, availability, and currency of systems
- On-call Escalation point for Incident Management Process, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science required, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience with leading software engineering team
- Excellent understanding of the Java technology stack, especially as it relates to API services.
- Excellent understanding of the agile principles and methodologies.
- Past experience with ITIL Change Management and Incident Management processes.
- Strong understanding of the retail industry as it relates to eCommerce
- Experience in multi-platform distributed environment
- Strong inter-personal and critical thinking skills including ability to work in a cross-functional environment and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive to clear action and ownership amongst large development teams.
- Eye for talent and a history of building high performance development teams
- Hands on technologist who can dive deep and hold their own with senior developers building a scalable product.
- Decisive, confident, and experience with influencing others.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment.
- Excellent oral and written facilitation and communication and presentation skills including the ability to enforce standards and methodology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines, limited travel and on call rotation
Desired Technical Skills:
- Applications: Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Dynamics 365
- Database/Data Warehouse Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop
- Preferred Designations: Project Management Professional, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Leader
- Previous knowledge of health benefits management or retail pharmacy experience
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: