Director Wealth Planning : 00008LOW
Employment Type: Regular
HSBC Private Wealth Services (Canada) Inc.provides high net worth clients comprehensive wealth planning solutions tailored to meet client’s personal and financial goals.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group – one of the world’s largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With HSBC’s on-the-ground expertise in major financial centres around the world, we are well positioned to bring wealth planning solutions to optimize client’s portfolio.
HSBC Canada is presently seeking a Director of Wealth Planning and the key responsibilities include:
- As the Head of Wealth Planning, you will be the company’s “go to” subject matter expert and trusted advisor and Committee Member to HSBC’s global wealth community and Executive Leaders. Your expertise will have influence on financial planning in Canada and other market segments.
- Lead, develop and manage a national team of 15 Wealth Planners to ensure achievement of the business standards, growth ambitions and performance measures.
- Have full oversight over financially planning process, follows governance structure, accountable for making sure risks are being mitigate. Compliance with rules and regulations.
- Play a central role in effectively leading and implementing change as an integral part of delivering new business strategy.
- Create and maintain an environement where the team maximises performance and ahieves business objectives while providing the highest sales quality and service standards as well as risk management, control and compliance required by the head office, closely managing and driving the individual and collective performance of the team.
- Implementation and maintenace of the corporate standards and guidelines
- To develop the people within the team, leading and coaching them to maximise their performance and realise their potential within HSBC.
- Be the lead expert in life insurance for HSBC Canada.
- Collaborate and work closely with peers in Wealth Management and Senior Leaders in other business lines for cross sales opportunities and improve product and service offerings.
- Coach high net worth Relationship Managers in Retail Banking how to identify opportunities and close investment deals.
- Participate in overall strategy direction and implementing. Proactive in looking for new opportunities and ways of doing things.
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Significant local experience and expertise in financial planning and life insurance. Possess deep and broad understanding and is comfortable being the SME to the business locally and globally.
- CFP designation required at a minimum
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills a must. The ability to build rapport with internal stakeholders across all levels nationally and internationally as well as external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated evidence of implementing change and achieving business objectives in a large complex corporate structure.
- Savvy in dealing with high net worth customer. Understands the needs of customers, providing advice to these individuals.
- CSC and other investment experience.
- Strong investment knowledge.
- Change management experience in a large complex corporate structure.
- Prior experience managing, mentoring and developing financial planning team
- Is driven to be the market leader and has as big growth ambitions as we do.
Job Field : Sales
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 10-Jan-2017, 18:18:10 Unposting Date : 30-Jan-2017, 23:59:00