- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Disability Management Advisor
Disability Management Advisor
|Date||June 4, 2020|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Disability Management Advisor (WORKSITE LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE)
Interior Health is looking for a Disability Management Advisor to join our team!
About the Role:
Some Key Duties may include:
• Establishes innovative and creative short- and long-term solutions to reduce employee absences and facilitate SAW/RTW and medical duty to accommodate arrangements, reducing the disability burden on the organization. Identifies systemic barriers to RTW and facilitates unit-specific solutions to support and promote suitable transitional work or work accommodations for ill/injured employees. Mitigates risk and financial liability in the event of Enhanced Disability Management Program (EDMP) disputes, disability management or medical Duty to Accommodation related grievances, arbitrations, mediations, and/or human rights complaints. Must be able to support disability management decisions at all levels of the dispute process.
• Develops individualized rehabilitation plans through negotiation and collaboration with external agencies including WorkSafeBC, ICBC, Great West Life, and Healthcare Benefit Trust to facilitate safe and durable SAW/RTW or work accommodation agreements for employees. Assesses and interprets medical information, including discussions with medical practitioners, to assess fitness for work and/or to substantiate requirements for medical work accommodation.
• Provides disability management expertise through consultation and support to leaders, employees, and others regarding the administration of EDMP collective agreement language and other disability-related legislation and policies to ensure their consistent application and to create supportive, successful RTW outcomes.
• Promotes and demonstrates constructive, open, and direct communication with all stakeholders (employees, unions, managers, Human Resources, treatment providers, third parties) to negotiate effective case management plans and/or to raise and address controversial issues in a constructive manner. Serves as the focal point for centralized communication and coordination of the rehabilitation plan.
• Provides disability management best practice guidance through coaching and/or mentoring to colleagues and clients. Directs the administrative level on process-related functions, as applicable.
• Assesses workplace exposure to ergonomic risks and provides recommendations on interventions such as engineering controls, administrative controls, and training.
• Performs job task analyses and advises departments regarding changes to job design and practices that will reduce the risk for injuries.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates instructional programs and training materials to assist managers, supervisors, and staff in such areas as musculoskeletal injury prevention, RTW, and duty to accommodate.
• Remains current on disability management, human rights, and other related legislation; healthcare collective agreements; and Health Authority policy and procedures to ensure Interior Health Disability Management programs are current and within legislative and/or collective agreement requirements.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
This is a permanent full time position. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00.
This position offers a flexible work location anywhere within the Interior Health region.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
Make a difference. Join an organization where every person matters! Apply today!
• A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a health discipline such as Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, or Occupational Health Nursing.
• Registration with the appropriate professional organization (as applicable).
• Five years of recent, related experience in healthcare, a large multi-union environment, and/or a similarly complex organization and/or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• A Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation with the International DM Standards Council is an asset.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: