Company: GIGG Express Inc.
Business address: 5355 Creekbank Rd. Mississauga, ON L4W 5L5
Location of work: Same as above
Business information: We provide transportation, logistics and warehousing services. Providing complete transportation solutions to and from Mexico, Canada and U.S. with multiple terminals in the U.S.
Terms of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Monitor, measure, coach and new hires, to ensure adherence to policies and procedures – and to train them accordingly
- Work with other dispatchers and coordinate the movement of inbound /outbound trucks and freight to and from the USA, Canada and Mexico
- Work directly with customers to manage their issues and concerns regarding orders
- Manage all administrative duties, organizing and preparing all customs & commercial invoices for cross-border traffic
- Assign drivers and trucks, direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers, manage requests for the pickup and delivery of freight, and consolidate freight orders into truckloads for specific destinations
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Resolve work related problems
- Training new hires in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Conduct performance reviews
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
- Completion of high school is required
- At least 2 years in the occupation supervised is required
- Security and safety: Criminal background record checkis required
Business Equipment and Computer Applications required:
Mandatory: to create reports, organize and interpret data in everyday business situations.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Windows
Additional asset: database management for real-time analysis and tracking, enabling to provide critical data to business departments.
- Dispatch management service software
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent oral communication
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
- Team player
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
Ability to supervise: An Asset (worker responsible for training New Hires)
Salary: $22.00 – $24.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week. The gross salary paid will be subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 40 hours of work per week
We provide dental benefits, extended medical insurance and disability benefits.
Employee works from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Hours of work may change from time to time with notice from the company.