PERMANENT POSITION:Dump Truck Driver (7511)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage rate: $23.50 – $27.00hourly, 50.00 Hours per week. Overtime will be paid after 60 hours.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: 9011 Ash St Richmond BC V7A 2T5
Number of positions available: 04
Education:High School an asset
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A) and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
Experience: No experience required. We will provide 2 weeks of paid training to eligible candidates.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required
Type of Travel:Short-haul and local transport
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip),Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports.
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes.
- Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials.
- Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of dump truck
- Load and transport the dumping materials from main site to the dumping grounds
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Maintain Log book for each trip.
- Control the speed and direction of the truck
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding
Transportation/Travel Information:Willing to travel for extended periods,Willing to travel overnight, Willing to travel as two person team, Valid driver’s license
Yard Address: 16540 River Rd. Richmond, BC V6V 1L6
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Basic English is required. Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcomeapplications from Aboriginals and New Immigrants.
Employer: KS Bapla Trucking
Yard Address: 16540 River Rd. Richmond, BC, V6V 1L6
Mail: 9011 Ash St Richmond BC V7A 2T5