- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Manitoba NationTalk
Early Childhood Education Instructor
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Full-Time Term Position: A.S.A.P. to June 21, 2019
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: The Chemawawin (Easterville) Regional Centre will require an Early Childhood Education Instructor for the Early Childhood Education Diploma program scheduled to commence in September 2017. The candidate must have ECE level III certification. The position requires instruction of students in the community and will also require the coordination of practical placements in licensed day care facilities and monitoring during the practical portion of the training which will require travel time.
- ECE Diploma with Level III designation
- Experience working in an Aboriginal and Northern communities
- Daycare Director experience (minimum 1-year experience preferred) with Manitoba Child Care regulations
- Familiarity with the CEEPAC Curriculum
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team teaching situation
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Experience teaching in a Post-secondary setting Certificate in Adult Education
- Experience supervising or managing a Manitoba licensed Child Care Centre
- Experience with unlicensed, Head-start or other Child Care settings
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-062
Closing Date: August 25, 2017, however will remain open until position filled
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: