Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Employer Name: Sunrise Montessori
Address: 180 Amber St, Markham, ON L3R 3J8
Start Date: As soon as Possible
- Daily Reporting and Record Keeping – Attendance, Allergy, Medication, Communication Logs
- Plan and develop program webs in line with children’s interests.
- Develop and implement child care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Support children with emotional, physical, or behavioral problems and help develop their social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills
- Provide support for children in the classroom and enable them to fully participate in activities
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and providing opportunities to express creativity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Make daily observations and observe children for signs of potential learning
- Maintain up-to-date emergency cards, attendance, and health and safety checks
- Work with professionals, such as Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Early Interventionists as necessary
- Support children through transitions in and out of the classrooms, program reporting
- Manage and maintain an orderly classroom – follow cleaning schedules and room routines
- Participate and interact in team meetings and workshops
Wage: $ 20.00 per hour in accordance with labour/employment standards
Experience: Registered Early Childhood: 1 year (Required)
Licence: Registered Early Childhood Educator (Required)
- Knowledge of Early Years Act
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum
- Knowledge of E.L.E.C.T
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate may be required or willing to take a course upon employment.
Able to work without being supervised.
Positive attitude towards work.
Flexible in every aspect towards children.
Terms of Employment: Regular, full-time, permanent, 2 years contract and a possibility to renew 30-40 hours/week,
Must be flexible on working schedules
Pays vacation and statutory holidays
Works 5 days a week and 2 days off
Preference will be given to Canadians, permanent residents, new immigrants, aboriginals, youth, older workers and people with disabilities who have the appropriate experience. Relocation Cost: Employer will pay the transportation expenses