Company: Steveston’s Arts Connection Ltd. O/A Renaissance Kids Early Learning Centre
Business information: Renaissance Kids is a vibrant, creative and joyful place that is focused on nurturing and developing the whole child. Our unique and specialized programs, while rooted in the fine arts, follow a strong academic curriculum. We work with 12-month old infants to 6-year old children.
Business address: 1–12491 No 2 Road Richmond, BC V7E 2G3
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Establish guidelines for behavior
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children with Program Coordinator
- Assist in daily record keeping (behavior/attendance)
- Maintain learning materials in good condition
- Supervise and co-ordinate learning activities for children
-Education: A bachelor’s degree OR college diploma in early childhood education is required
-Experience: Experience is an asset
-Valid ECE or ECEA (Early Childhood Educator Assistant) license is required
-Able to work independently.
-Well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication.
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly – 40 hours per week
Benefits: Extended Health Benefits, 2 weeks of paid vacation, excellent opportunities for professional growth. Benefits provided after completion of probationary period of 3 months.
Work schedule will be from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM with half hour unpaid break. Monday to Friday. Weekends off.
Apply by e-mail (resume and covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1–12491 No 2 Road Richmond, BC V7E 2G3
Apply by phone: 604-841-0826
Apply by fax: 604-241-0400