Schnitzel Hub European Bistro & Bar located in midtown Toronto since 2013.
A casual environment, warm and friendly service, authentic Eastern and Central European food, widest selection of both classic and our original beverages. In addition to the dine-in and take-out services we recently added corporate lunches and event catering.
- Designing and preparing full-course Eastern European dishes using superior culinary expertise;
- Supervising catering department – determine size of food portions, estimating food for large and small orders, calculating costs and ordering supplies, packaging meals for catering and take-out, ensuring orders are complete before sent to customers;
- Receiving orders, distributing work to other cooks accordingly to perform orders in a timely manner;
- Instructing and leading other cooks and kitchen helpers (when necessary) in garnishing and presenting dishes;
- Training cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all culinary basics and authentic recipes are followed;
- Advise management on new Eastern European recipes or fusions to ensure that we provide our guests with a taste of home;
- Preparing kitchen for service: cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.;
- Maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing and following standards and procedures;
- Supervising clean-up of the kitchen area in the end of the shift and ensuring its safety for the following shift.
Employment Requirements :
- Post-secondary diploma in culinary or catering is required
- Safe Food handling and CPR certifications are considered an asset.
- At least 3 years of cooking experience specializing in Eastern European cuisine – must have experience preparing the majority of the following Eastern European dishes.
- Ability to prepare over 500 orders at once
- Ability to demonstrate culinary abilities upon first interview, if requested.
- Integrity and reliability, team-player spirit.
- Culinary portfolio and knowledge in other European cuisines will be considered as assets.
- $16 per hour
- overtime will be paid at the rate of $25.50 after 44 weekly hours
1415 Yonge St. Toronto, ON M4T 1Y7