Mathematics Numeracy Coordinator
Education Officer R27
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Education Programs Division plays a central role in maintaining curriculum, classroom assessment, reporting and the ongoing assessment programs, as well as facilitating the transformation of BC’s K-12 education system to support student success.
Mathematics and numeracy are foundational to the development of Provincial curriculum and assessments. The Mathematics and Numeracy Coordinator plays a key role in the design, implementation and maintenance of Mathematics curriculum and the development of numeracy-based assessments.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Angie.Calleberg@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field – Graduate degree may be preferred.
- Eligibility for a K-12 teaching Certificate of Qualification or equivalent combination of education (e.g., degree in curriculum/learning theory, educational measurement, or developmental psychology) and experience in an educational setting.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience teaching Mathematics in the K–12 education system, or equivalent experience working with teachers/educators.
- Experience developing and evaluating standards-based curriculum.
- Experience with developing and/or implementing Mathematics curriculum.
- Experience with large-scale test construction and/or assessment design.
- Experience designing and implementing Kindergarten to Grade 12 provincial curriculum standards and classroom assessment.
- Experience conducting research, analysing findings and presenting recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience in managing, planning, organizing and supervising complex large-scale projects.
- Experience working on developing content for project-related service contracts to achieve business goals.
- Experience selecting, managing and leading professional teams comprised of educational stakeholders.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Experience working in English and French.
- Experience teaching students at the senior level.
- Experience with classroom technology instruction such as student mobile devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets or smartphones) social media or virtual space applications.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.