• Assist in installing electrical systems, either below 40,000 watts or above.
• Assist Electrician in installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment.
• Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas.
• Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment.
• Measures and cuts pipe conduit to specified length, using steel tape and hacksaw.
• Threads conduit ends, using pipe threader, and connects couplings and conduit fittings, using wrench.
• Assist in splicing overhead and underground communications and electric power transmission cables.
• Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers.
• Repair motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots.
• Assist in home inspections, rewiring homes and businesses
• Some secondary school education may be required.
• Experience is an asset.
• On-the-job training is provided.