Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week. Must be flexible with your schedule to work some weekends.
- Assists electrical workers in installation, maintenance, and repair of electric-power generation and distribution equipment, underground cables, and related facilities, performing any combination distribution of following tasks: Places barricades around open manholes and excavations, and below crewmembers working overhead to protect workers and public from injury.
- Dig trenches, place shoring and lower tools and materials to the workers in excavations and vaults.
- Position reels of electric cable alongside trench or manhole, and guide cable as it is pulled into ducts to prevent damage to lead sheath.
- Rigs scaffolds and hoists, and helps move heavy machine parts to assist in assembly and repair of generations, converters, switchgear, and related equipment at generating station or substation, as directed.
- May trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way.
- Assist the electrician in cleaning up the area after completing the work.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
Some experience is an asset, but on