Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Other Labourers in Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities (9619)
NOC Job Title: Electrical Products Labourer
5907 131A Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 0E4 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week. Must be flexible with your schedule to work some weekends.
- Assists electrical workers in installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical-power generators and distribution equipment, underground cables, and related facilities, performing any combination distribution of following tasks: Places barricades around open manholes and excavations, and below crewmembers working overhead to protect workers and the public from injury.
- Dig trenches, place shoring and lower tools and materials to workers in excavations and vaults.
- Position reels of electric cable alongside trench or manhole, and guide cable as it is pulled into ducts to prevent damage to lead sheath.
- Rigs scaffolds and hoist, and helps move heavy machine parts to assist in assembly and repair of generators, converter, switchgear, and related equipment at generating stations or substation, as directed.
- May trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way.
- Assist the electrician in cleaning up the area after completing the work.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Some experience is an asset, but on the job training will be provided
How to Apply
Contact: Davinder Singh Dhaliwal
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: