With an enviable culinary heritage dating back to more than seven decades the Savoy’s has set new benchmarks in the restaurant industry. The flagship Savoy’s restaurant is a true icon of Calicut and the Savoy’s restaurant in Edmonton is one of the most popular restaurants in the Canada.
1952097 Alberta Ltd o/a Savoy’s Express iscurrently looking for 3 Ethnic Food Cooks at the Edmonton location: 8913-112 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2C5.
Salary: $17.50 / Hour for 40 Hours / Week
Terms of employment:Permanent, Full time
Start date:As soon as possible
Employment conditions:Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
Work Setting: Restaurant
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience:1 year to less than 2 years preferably in South Indian Cuisine
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Attention to detail
Work Location Information:Urban area
Personal Suitability:Client focus, Initiative, Team player, Judgement, Flexibility, Organized
Additional Skills:Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Cook Categories:Cook (general)
Cuisine Specialties: South Indian
- Prepare and cook all kinds of South Indian dishes as per menu, such as sambar, curries and gravies, vada, iidli, appam, biryani (Calicut) etc.;
- Prepare and cook dosa, uttapam, paratha and other South Indian snacks;
- Season and cook food according to the recipes;
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food;
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils;
- Train kitchen helpers;
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas;
- Ensure quality of food meet standards;
- Work with minimum supervision;
- Maintain inventory of work station;
- Work with specialized cooking equipment;
- Clean your work area;
- Organize and manage buffets and catering;
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Chef.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then don’t delay — apply today!
By email: email@example.com (Please write job title and location in the e-mail subject)
By mail: 8913-112 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2C5